Provides guidance and counsel on all administrative matter, serves as a legal advisor to various relevant military issues for the Commander, Staff, and subordinate units, including review of command regulations and unit policy letters.
- Release of information under the Privacy Act and Freedom of Information Act
- Use of Government Resources
- Legal Review of Command-Directed Investigation
- Social media rules
- Lobbying guidance
- Fundraising events
- Review of Command policies, procedures and regulations
- Provide review of Command response to official inquiries on behalf of Soldiers and Family Members
Claims Program Oversight:
Provides oversight of claims throughout region and settle claims in favor of the Army under the Medical Care Recovery Act and the Federal Claims Collection Act. Both Acts allow the process and collection of medical claims for care given to a beneficiary or damage or loss of government property caused through the negligence or wrongful acts of a third party.
- Third Party Claims Collection Program
- Regional Claims Settlement Office
- Medical Affirmative Claims
Contract and Fiscal Law:
Advises the Command on drafting, preparation and execution of contracts. Provide guidance and advice on the expenditure of appropriated and non-appropriated funds.
- Review of contracts requested by Northern Medical Regional Command
- Reviews and advises on unauthorized commitments
- Supports the Northern Regional Contracting Office (NRCO)
Advice Command on matters dealing with Joint Ethics Regulations and filing necessary financial disclosure forms. We provide training on:
- Gifts to Superiors/Service Members
- Policy on Gifts to Government Employees
- Filing Confidential Financial Disclosures
Labor and Empoyment Law:
Provide the Command with legal advice and counsel on all matters of Employment and Labor Law.
- Hatch Act
- Guarantee on Political Activities
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
Provide direct support to Department of Justice for matters of Command interest in litigation.
- Research and prepare Litigation Reports
- Coordinate with US Amy Litigation Division
Provides legal support to the Commander and subordinate units for all matters related to maintaining good order and discipline.
- Provides guidance to Commanders on non-judicial proceedings
- Provides guidance toCommanders on non-judicial proceedings and courts-martial
- Assist law enforcement during criminal investigation
- Advise and prepare administrative separation boards and officer elimination
- Act as liaison between commanders and civilian prosecutors